A revolutionary unified service delivery platform that provides on-demand video to all screens, the cornerstone of the Ericsson Television solution is the Media Delivery Management System, a highly scalable, fault-tolerant, service management and media delivery solution.
The future of television is on a path of significant change. Traditional television services are evolving rapidly. Legacy video on-demand platforms which are designed primarily to manage VOD to the cable STB are maturing. Content types and streams are continually increasing with multi-screen support expected to dramatically increase due to subscriber demand. Operational requirements are driving service providers towards centralized, national control of service management, and delivery architectures with virtualized systems.
With 10 plus years experience in the video on-demand service delivery business, Ericsson now offers a revolutionary unified service delivery platform that will provide on-demand video to all screens. The cornerstone of the Ericsson Television solution is the Media Delivery Management System, a highly scalable, fault-tolerant, service management and media delivery solution. This back-office is built to manage media delivery to all video platforms, address critical functions required of a next generation platform, and enable key differentiators in the areas of multiscreen support, scaling, flexibility, and enterprise management.
– Expand subscriber base by providing any type of video delivery to any device seamlessly and efficiently
– Reduce operational costs by consolidating geographically disperse regional centers into one, virtual back-office
– Increase revenue by adding new and exciting services to the system to a select group of customers using a simple and intuitive workflow engine
– Experience no downtime during software upgrades, network updates, issue resolution, power outages and disasters
– Enhance operational efficiencies by increasing the performance of a single server from 10 to 15 sessions per second to 250 session set-ups/second
– Improve user experience by decreasing session set-up times from upwards of 1 second to 250 ms
– Reduce operational costs by supporting 500,000 streams on a typical 10-blade chassis
– Troubleshoot and isolate issues on specific components with real-time statistics, metrics and alerts